- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 2/3 to 1 3/4 cups water
- 4 large zucchini, thinly sliced on diagonal
2) Pour oil into heavy medium saucepan to depth of 1 1/2 inches and heat to 350 °F. Place 1 1/2 cups flour in medium bowl. Whisk in enough water to form smooth medium-thin batter. Place remaining 1 cup flour in large bowl. Working in batches, add zucchini to flour in bowl and toss, separating slices to coat well. Dip zucchini into batter and fry until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels and drain.