Italian fried strawberries
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound ripe strawberries and cleaned
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sweet liqueur (any)
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brandy
- powdered sugar
- Mix the sugar with the liqueur, and add the berries.
- Mix well, and let sit for about one hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and butter.
- Add the egg, and brandy.
- Add enough milk to make a smooth batter.
- Beat the egg white until stiff, and then fold this into the batter.
- Heat the oil to 375°F.
- Dip the berries into the batter, and fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.