This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Turner Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 drops almond extract
- fresh mint and additional blackberries
- In a blender or food processor process blackberries until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add sugar then allow to stand for 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream and extract until soft peaks form then fold into berry mixture.
- Pour into freezer safe bowl that has been lined with plastic wrap then cover and freeze overnight.
- Turn out onto a serving plate about 1 hour before serving then return to the freezer.
- Before serving garnish with mint and blackberries then cut into wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.