This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Turner Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- ½ cup toasted almonds finely chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate grated
- Whisk sugar and yolks in medium bowl until thick.
- Bring cream to boil in heavy medium saucepan.
- Gradually whisk hot cream into yolk mixture.
- Return mixture to same saucepan and stir over medium low heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat then add chocolate to hot custard and stir until melted and smooth.
- Mix in amaretto then cover and freeze at least 3 hours.
- Using 1 tablespoonful mixture per truffle shape mixture into rounds.
- Roll some rounds in almonds and some in chocolate.
- Arrange in single layer in waxed paper lined container.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.