- ½ lb rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp orange peel grated
- 3 drop red food coloring
- In a medium saucepan, combine rhubarb and water; cover and simmer until tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Puree in blender or food processor; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine half and half, eggs and sugar.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture thickens and coats a metal spoon.
- Stir in pureed rhubarb, whipping cream, orange peel and food coloring.
- Pour into canister.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- Makes about 6 cups.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.