- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp orange peel, grated
- ½ tsp mace
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup orange concentrate, thawed
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 300°F.
- Lightly oil a 1½ quart loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, spices, peel, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In a in a food processor or blender, blend together the orange juice, apple sauce, oil and vanilla.
- Combine the wet with the dry ingredients.
- Stir until the mixture is just combined.
- Fold in the nuts and add the dried fruit.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 1½ hours.
- Cool on a wore rack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.