- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 tbsp water, cold
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 saccharin tablets, (¼ grain each)
- ½ cup fruit cocktail, drained
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add boiling water; stir until dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and saccharin.
- Chill until mixture begins to set.
- Beat until fluffy with rotary beater; fold in fruit cocktail.
- Chill until firm.
- Note: other dietetic-packed fruit may be substituted for fruit cocktail.
- Liquid drained from fruit may be brought to boil and substituted for boiling water.
- For jellied fruit salad, omit beating, if preferred.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.