- 5 cups sliced, peeled apples or pears
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup regular rolled oats (shurbah)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar (white sugar can be substituted)
- ¼ cup all-purpose white flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup margarine or butter
- ¼ cup chopped nuts or coconut (optional)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Place the fruit in an 8 inch round baking dish.
- Stir in the raisins, sugar and ½ tbsp.
- Ground cinnamon.
- For the topping, in a mixing bowl combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, and ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Cut in softened (room temperature) margarine or butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the nuts or the coconut (optional).
- Sprinkle topping over the fruit mixture.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the fruit is tender and the topping is golden.
- Serve warm, topped with a spoon of vanilla ice cream.
- Easy and delicious!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.