- 3 cups of chopped tart fruit, Apples, cherries or plums
- 1 recipe stir 'n roll shortcake dough
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In 13 x 9 1/2 x 3-inch pan place Sugar and water.
- Cook in oven 5 minutes.
- Take shortcake dough (see recipe for stir 'n roll dough); roll between sheets of waxed paper to 6x12-inch oblong.
- Remove top paper.
- Spread with 3 cups chopped fruit; dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll up, starting with the wide side; pinch together to seal.
- Cut in 1 1/2-inch slices and place in pan of hot syrup.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Alternatively - place fruit in syrup; cover with squares of dough and bake.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.