- ½ tbsp yeast
- ½ cup water, warm
- 3 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cardamom, ground
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup apple juice concentrate
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup apricot fruit spread
- 6 oz dried fruit
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp water, cold
- 1 cup flour
- 1 eggs
- Chop dried fruit.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand 10 minutes.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, combine flour, salt, and cardamom.
- While mixing on low speed with dough hook, gradually blend in yeast mixture, butter, apple juice concentrate, and eggs.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Beat in enough remaining flour to form stiff dough.
- Continue to beat until dough is smooth and elastic (dough may be kneaded by hand on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes or may be mixed in bread maker).
- Let rest 20 minutes.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 22"x12" rectangle.
- Spread fruit spread evenly down center of rectangle, leaving 1" border along both long sides.
- Sprinkle fruit bits and nuts evenly over fruit spread.
- Starting at one long side, roll dough up tightly; pinch seam to seal.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bring ends of roll together to form ring; pinch ends together to seal, using water if necessary.
- With scissors or sharp knife, make diagonal cuts, about 1" apart, into top of ring.
- Let rise in warm place 30 minutes (dough will not double in volume).
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat together egg and cold water; brush over ring.
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition information Edit
- 386 calories | 8 gm protein | 64 gm carbohydrate | 12 gm fat | 80 mg cholesterol | 308 mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 2¼ starch/bread | 2¼ fat | 2 fruit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.