Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ¾ cup hot water
- ½ pound marshmallow cream
- ½ cup shortening, melted
- ¼ cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 cups candied fruit (pineapple and cherries)
- dipping chocolate
- In a saucepan, cook sugar, syrup and water to 265 °F on a candy thermometer.
- Add marshmallow creme and beat until almost firm.
- Add melted shortening, confectioner's sugar, candied fruit and nuts.
- Mix well.
- Shape eggs by hand and dip in dipping chocolate.
- Makes 10 eggs which will keep for 6 – 8 months.
- Note: try piping a name on the egg after the chocolate is firm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.