- 1 large cooking Apple (would work
- fine with a dessert Apple)
- 1 250 gram packet of
- ready-to-eat prunes
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup skimmed milk, or substitute
- 2 tbsp Apple sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Take a pan that can go from stove to table; i have an 8-inch diameter enamelled steel casserole that works well. Peel, core, and slice the Apple.
- Place it in the pan with the prunes, Sugar, water, and lemon juice.
- Bring it to a boil.
- While it is heating, sift the flour with baking powder and salt, then stir in the milk and Apple sauce.
- Drop the mixture by teaspoonfuls onto the hot fruit, then sprinkle with the remaining tablespoonful of Sugar. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 mins. Serve hot
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.