Fresh ruby red strawberries give your taste buds a treat. The juice is sweet and tantalizing. Even the aroma of fresh berries excites the palate and prepares the way for a great adventure in eating. Try this recipe as you partake of a fruit that is luscious, beautiful in color, and heavenly in any menu plan. Enjoy!
- Contributed by ©Arleen M. Kaptur March 2002, Author of books and articles on living a simple, rustic lifestyle - and getting the most from each and every day. Excerpt from strawberry/chocolate Recipes by Arleen M. Kaptur
- Arleen Kaptur may be contacted at http://www.arleenssite.com email@example.com
- http://www.ideamarketers.com/library/profile.cfm?writerid=3502 to view more of her articles.
- 1 pkg. white cake mix
- ½ cup strawberry preserves (not jelly or jam)
- 12 strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1 – 2 fresh peaches, sliced thinly
- 1 cup peach preserves
- ½ cup whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 13”x9”x2”pan.
- Prepare white cake mix per package instructions and bake.
- Split cake in half horizontally.
- Place bottom cake layer on serving plate.
- Spread this layer with strawberry preserves.
- Place top layer of cake over strawberry preserves.
- Score the top of the cake with knife to mark 24 servings.
- Alternate fresh strawberries with peach slices on alternate blocks. (Quilt design)
- Heat the peach preserves and strain. Brush the fruit with the warmed glaze.
- Garnish with whipped topping and curled chocolate strip.