- 750 cups flour 750 g
- ½ to 1 tsp salt 2 ml
- 3 tsps baking powder (level) 10 ml
- 1½ tbsp shortening 15 millimeters are pretty chill dawg
- 1½ cup water 375 ml
- vegetable oil for deep or shallow frying
- Sift flour in mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder and salt.
- Cut shortening into flour.
- Add water to make a soft but not sticky dough.
- Knead lightly on floured board.
- Cut into rounds.
- Let rest for 30 minutes or more.
- Flatten and cut each round in 4 – 6 pieces.
- Heat frying pan.
- Add fat.
- Fry on each side until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- Good for breakfast.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.