Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Prep time: 15 minutes | cook 40 minutes | stand 20 minutes | total 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup soy milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1¾ cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spritz 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and ¼ cup cocoa.
- Blend in apple sauce, vanilla, and milk.
- Spoon batter into pan.
- Combine brown sugar, ¼ cup cocoa, and hot water.
- Stir to blend.
- Pour over batter in pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove and cool in pan.
- You may cover with your favorite topping, or plain, but spoon chocolate sauce that has formed on the bottom, over the top of the brownie.
Nutritional information Edit
- 174 calories | saturated fat 1g | total fat 2g (8% of calories) | protein 4g (9% of calories) | carbohydrates 36g (83% of calories)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.