Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes about a dozen 5 inch cakes. Serves 12.
- 2½ cups self-rising flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1⅓ cups milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- vegetable oil
- sifted powdered sugar
- Combine flour, sugar, milk and eggs in a bowl, beating until smooth.
- Heat ¼ inch oil to 375°F.
- In a skillet.
- Cover bottom opening of a funnel with finger (funnel with a ¾ inch opening works best)
- Pour ¼ cup batter into funnel.
- Hold funnel over skillet.
- Remove finger from funnel end to release batter into hot oil; move funnel in a slow, circular motion to form a spiral.
- Fry each funnel cake 1 minute or until edges are golden brown; turn and fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar; serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.