Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper julienned
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- Cook Onion in butter in 2- to 3-quart saucepan until soft but not brown. Add rice, celery, green pepper, broth and white pepper. Bring to a boil; stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in apricots and Sugar; replace cover and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Toss lightly before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.