- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1½ tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 2 cups water, boiling
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced.
- Mix the bulgur wheat in a large bowl with all the dried herbs (if you have mint, use that instead of oregano and basil; but most people don’t have mint).
- Add the two cups of boiling water, stir briefly to mix, then cover and let stand for ten minutes.
- If there’s any excess water, drain it off.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and onion and stir well.
- Add the fresh tomatoes last, sprinkling them across the top.
- Chill before serving, if possible.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.