Vegetable salad with peanut sauce
- ½ green cabbage
- 1 cucumber
- 3 potatoes (boiled in jackets)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 100 g long beans
- 3 beancurd cakes (pre-fried)
Peanut sauce Edit
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp ground chilli
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tbs ground roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt / sugar to taste
- Skin potatoes and dice.
- Parboil long beans and cut 1 cm in length.
- Slice cabbage in small squares.
- Bring to boil (don’t overcook).
- Julienne cucumber.
- Parboil beansprouts.
- Slice eggs into quarters.
- Place the vegetables decoratively on a large platter.
- Serve individually with peanut sauce.
- Saute chopped onion in oil.
- Add ground chilli, reduce heat; add peanuts and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Bring to boil and add coconut milk and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, sugar and lemon juice.
- This sauce is preferably served hot during winter and at room temperature during summer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.