This is a sweet, colourful and luscious pudding which originated on the subcontinent of India. This dessert has a soft, creamy and custardy texture with a distinct flavour which will certainly make you crave for more.
Preparation time: 45–50 minutes
- 5 cups milk
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 kg carrots
- 1-2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp ghee or butter
- 50g nuts/raisins
- Grate the carrots, add to the milk and bring to a boil.
- Cook on slow fire stirring occasionally, till milk dries up.
- Add condensed milk and sugar.
- Cook on slow fire till dry (for about 25 to 30 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Add ghee and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with nuts, raisins and serve hot.