- 2 cups of full cream powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- about 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- saffron thread or powder
- Mix the powdered milk with baking powder.
- Then add the eggs and 4 tablespoons of oil.
- Mix well and form into ½ inch balls, by rolling in your hands.
- If the mix becomes too dry to roll, add a little more beaten egg.
- In a pan combine the sugar with 1½ cups of water, the cardamom, and the saffron.
- Boil for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool until warm (but no longer hot).
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-low heat.
- Add half of the balls.
- Cook until the balls are a light brown on all sides.
- Do this by constantly tilted and turning the pan, so the balls continually roll around from one side to another.
- Place the balls in the warm syrup.
- Allow to remain in the syrup for about five minutes or until you have finished frying the second half of the balls.
- Remove from the syrup and drain on kleenex tissue or kitchen paper.
- Cover with another piece of tissue or kitchen paper and allow to sit for at least three hours before serving.
- Enjoy! it is hard to keep your hands off these ones!.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.