Shrimp in garlic sauce
- Serves 2
- 1 lb. 20 large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 whole dried chili pepper, crushed (guindillas or peperoncini)
- sprinkle of salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- juice from one lemon
- ½ cup white wine
- Heat the olive oil on medium high in a large frying pan.
- Add the fresh shrimp.
- Fry for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, chile, salt and black pepper.
- Saute another minute over high heat.
- Add the fresh lemon juice, white wine and another generous splash of olive oil.
- Saute until shrimp is fully cooked, and liquid is slightly reduced another minute.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with rustic bread to soak up the lemony, olive oil.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.