- 2 lb Dried garbanzo beans
- 10 cup water
- 4 lb Stew Beef or venison, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 sm Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Soak the garbanzo beans overnight in twice their volume of water.
- The beans will absorb much of the water and swell in size.
- The following day, drain and rinse the beans under cold running water.
- Place the beans in a large pot with the 10 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add the meat, onions, salt, and pepper, stir well and continue cooking another 2 hours until the meat is tender and the beans are fully cooked.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.