- 6 x 12-inch flour tortillas
- 4 cups turkey leftovers
- 4 cups refried beans
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- hot sauce or salsa to taste
- 3 cups shredded jack cheese, cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 1 bunch cilantro tops
- sour cream
- guacamole (recipe follows)
Award-winning Guacamole Edit
- 3 ripe, large California Hass avocados, peeled and seeded
- 2 vine-ripe roma tomatoes, diced small
- 1 medium white onion minced real small (about ½ cup)
- juice from 1 large lime or ½ lemon
- garlic salt
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Heat beans.
- Heat oil in pan large enough to fry tortilla.
- Fry crisp using basket mold to make tortilla bowl.
- Place turkey in pan and simmer with one cup water or chicken broth until liquid is almost gone.
- Add ½ cup of your favorite salsa; simmer a few minutes.
- Spoon dab of hot beans on plate and set a tortilla bowl on it (beans help keep it on the plate).
- Spoon ½ cup beans in bottom of shell.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup cheese and spoon on ⅙ turkey mixture, shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, cilantro, more cheese, sliced olives, dab of sour cream and a generous helping of guacamole.
- Serve salsa or hot sauce on the side.
- Award-winning guacamole preparation mash avocado, keeping it lumpy.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and garlic salt to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.