- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced potato
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ½ cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup margarine (melted)
- 3 cups water
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Place all vegetables in Dutch oven or soup pot; add water, bouillon cubes, salt, pepper, milk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove a ½ cup of liquid, add to flour along with melted margarine and stir until smooth.
- Add to chowder; bring back up to a boil and cook 3 – 4 minutes, stirring well.
- Just before serving add cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour into bowls, top with some parsley and serve with salad and bread.
- Note: you can substitute any of the vegetables for ones you prefer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.