- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium cabbage, shredded
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 10 oz pkg frozen corn
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp dried basil
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 10 oz pkg frozen peas
- Shred enough for the cabbage to make 6-8 cups.
- Stem green beans and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a large kettle or Dutch oven.
- Fill sink with ice water.
- Cook vegetables to a full boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Cook quickly by setting kettle in sink of ice water.
- Put vegetable mix into four 1-qts containers, leaving ½- inch space at top.
- Seal and label container garden vegetable mix.
- Freeze and use within 6 months.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.