- 1 deep 24 cm blind-baked pastry case
- 40g butter
- 85g courgettes (baby or regular), sliced at an angle
- 85g runner beans, stringed, halved lengthways and sliced
- 85g fresh or frozen peas
- 3 continental salad onions, stems chopped and bulbs quartered
- 300ml milk
- 25g plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 110g log full-fat soft goat's cheese, sliced
- 3 small vine tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat the oven to fan 170C/ conventional 190C/gas 5. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and cook the green vegetables and onions for 5 minutes, stirring until starting to soften. Tip the milk and flour into the pan and stir over the heat until it thickens to a smooth sauce. Cool for 5 minutes or so, stirring to stop a skin forming.
- Beat the eggs into the sauce and generously season. Pour into the pastry case and scatter with the goat's cheese and tomatoes.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the filling is set, turning golden. Cool for a few minutes before taking from the tin. Serve with a green salad.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.