- 2 cups gari
- ½ cup warm water (with a little salt added, if desired)
- ½ cup cooking oil (preferably palm oil or peanut oil)
- 1 or 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 or 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped (and two tablespoons tomato paste, optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the gari in a clean bowl.
- Sprinkle the gari with water, spoonful by spoonful while stirring, to evenly moisten it.
- Stir with a fork or spoon.
- Cover with a clean cloth and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Fry onions and tomatoes until the onions are tender, but not browned five minutes or less.
- Slowly pour the eggs into the skillet, while stirring, and cook them, stirring constantly (as in making scrambled eggs.)
- Fold the moistened gari into the eggs-onions-tomatoes mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.