From Emeril Lagace
- Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
For the meat base
- 2 pounds baby back ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion (or 1 cup onion paste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups canned low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, white only
- 1 tablespoon sugar, white only
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- Place the ribs in a bowl or resealable plastic bag and toss with the essence.
- Place the ribs in a pressure cooker and add the onions, garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, hot sauce, and bay leaves. Sear meat over high heat until browned.
- Add broth, lock lid in place and place over high heat.
- Once a steady stream of steam is emitted from the release valve, turn heat down to medium.
- Cook for 40 minutes, opening twice, following the method in manufacturers' instructions, and stir to prevent sticking. Remove the ribs from the pot.
- Using a spoon, carefully skim any fat from the top of the cooking liquid that remains in the pot.
- Add the sauce ingredients to the pressure cooker and cook on low heat, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Return the ribs to the pot and gently stir to coat. Serve hot and plain over rice or with other main dishes.