Who says garlic is pricey for exotic food preparation? This tangy pretzel is made with real herbs and is great for side dishes or appetizers, as it delivers a white-hot aroma that it relishes.
- 2 packs yeast
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, reserving 3 tablespoons for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, optional
- 4 – 5 cups flour
- 1 ½ cup warm water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. salt, kosher, rock, or iodized only
- 1 tbsp. basil
- 1 tbsp. sugar, brown or white only
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- Dissolve baking powder (optional) and yeast in water and butter. Add salt and sugar.
- Blend or mix with 2 cups flour.
- Crush garlic and add with herbs.
- Add 2 cups more flour, and more if dough is too sticky.
- Roll into snakes or lines and shape. Sprinkle with kosher salt, if desired.
- Bake at 425° F for 10 – 15 minutes or until browned. Serve hot and plain or with other appetizers or side dishes. Drizzle with the remaining melted butter.