- 6 clv garlic
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 cup stale crumbled bread, without crusts
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbl red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- Either in a mortar or pestle or in the bowl of a food processor, pulverize the garlic and salt to a paste. Add the walnuts and pound or pulverize until the mixture is mealy. Dampen the bread under the tap and squeeze dry. Add to the bowl and continue pulverizing all together. Drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar, alternating between each, and pound all together until the skordalia is creamy. If it is too thick, add a little water.
- Serve as a dip, or as an accompaniment to fresh or fried vegetables and various fish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.