I obtained this recipe from an estate sale when I purchased the family collection from the Monsey Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2½ pounds peeled potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut potatoes into julienne strips then toss with the garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick pan with a heatproof handle.
- Add the potatoes then cover with buttered aluminum foil.
- Press down with the bottom of another pan or a heavy weight.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Bake 25 minutes then place serving dish over pan and flip cake out onto the plate.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.