A tangy combination of authentic cheese and garlic powder is made with pecans and parsley and is great on crackers, pretzels, meat, and poultry, as it delivers a sharper aroma that it relishes then offers to the cheese and nuts.
- 1 ¾ lb. fresh cheese (Mozzarella, Cheddar, or Swiss)
- 1 lb. processed cheese (Colby, American, or Monterey Jack)
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 5 cloves garlic, minced, optional
- chopped, fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Shred the cheese, minced garlic (optional), and processed cheese into a fresh, large bowl. Mix with cream cheese. Add pecans, salt, and garlic powder then stir.
- Divide into three mounds. Roll into a log about 2 inches in diameter.
- Roll each log with chili powder, parsley, and pecans. Refrigerate or freeze several hours before serving.
- Slice 2 inches thick and serve with crackers, if desired.
contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.