Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
- Yield: 4 servings
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 4 (3 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil; spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until it begins to soften.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar until well mixed.
- Place chicken breast halves in the prepared pan.
- Spread garlic mixture evenly over chicken.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, no longer pink, and its juices run clear.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (3-ounce half chicken breast):
- 253 Calories, 25g Protein | 5g Carbs | 0g Dietary Fiber | 7g Fat | 129mg Cholesterol | 5mg Sodium
- Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat | 1 fat | ½ fruit
- Glycemic Index: 4
- Glycemic Load: 3
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.