- 5 lbs lean Pork, no bones, cut up into 1.5 inch pieces
- white vinegar to wash Pork in ( don't use any water to wash Pork)
- 1/2 lb garlic cloves, crushed ( no need to peel )
- 2 oz salt
- 2 small bottles malt vinegar
- same amount of boiled and cooled water
- large amount of fresh oregano leaves ( fine leaf thyme)
- Squeeze the white vinegar from the Pork after washing it, then rub meat with salt, garlic and oregano leaves
- put malt vinegar and cooled, boiled water into a large glass jar ( without any metal cover ), add garlic, salt, oregano (thyme) and the Pork
- Marinate Pork for about 5 days in this mixture
- Heat a heavy iron pot, then drop about one to two tablespoons of the marinade into it, add a few pieces of Pork per person to fry at a time and lower the fire. Fry until tender on a slow fire, about 1/2 hour.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.