Description EditA fresh combination of real garlic and chickpeas is made with olive oil, fruit juice, and tahini, is enriched with herbs and spices, and is great on chips, seafood, meat, and other dishes.
- 8 ounces chickpeas, soaked and cooked
- 2 garlic bulbs, boiled whole for 20 minutes, drained
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 ounces tahini
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh, chopped parsley
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder, optional
- tomatoes, to garnish, if desired
- Blend the chickpeas till well puréed.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins and add to the chickpeas.
- Put on the oil, lemon juice, tahini, and garlic powder (optional). Blend again.
- Add pepper and parsley and mix well.
- Put the mixture into an oiled mold and chill for 2 hours.
- Turn it onto a plate and garnish with tomato wedges or slices, as needed. Serve plain with any appetizer or side dish. Reserve the herb and legume-based dip in the refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.