Garlic and Corn Risotto from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: About 45 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 3¾ cups fat free chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked arborio or long grain rice
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- ⅓ cup low fat parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup low fat mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- Bring ⅓ cups of the broth in a large saucepan to boiling and add garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and corn then cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining broth and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook uncovered for 15–20 minutes or until rice is tender and creamy, stirring often to absorb liquid.
- Remove from heat then add parmesan, mozzarella and parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.