Shrimp rolls. A lovely dish for a chilly day. Use fresh small shrimps for the best result.
- Contributed by CorineJ 12:00, 23 Mar 2006 (PST)
- ¼ liter milk or fish stock
- 1 small onion
- 25 g butter
- 25 g flour
- optionally 2 or 3 tablespoons grated cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- some chopped parsley
- Wash the shrimps and leave to drain.
- Saute the onion in the butter.
- Mix the milk or stock with the (used) butter and flour and make a thick sauce.
- Bring to taste with salt, pepper, optionally the grated cheese and the chopped parsley.
- Warm the shrimp in this sauce, without bringing to the boil.
- butter the slices of bread on both sides, fry them in a dry frying pan and cover in shrimp ragout.
- Serve on a heated dish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.