- 3 large tomatoes (2 chopped 1 dice)
- 1 cucumber (peeled and chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper medium
- 1 chile (mild to hot optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2½ cups of tomato juice
- 1 cup of clam juice (optional)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- a dash of Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- a few dashes of tabasco
- 2 to 3 leaves of cilantro
- 1 small avocado (diced)
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl put in the onion, garlic, cucumber, pepper and chile.
- Pour the lime juice and vinegar, mix, let stand for 2 hours.
- Pour tomato juice over mixture add the clam juice, olive oil, paprika, salt, black pepper, cumin, Worcestershire and tabasco.
- Pour mixture into blender and blend until smooth, chill for 2 hours, add tomato juice if too thick, serve cold with diced avocado and cilantro as top garnish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.