- Bean stew
- 450g / llb white or red beans
- 6 fresh chillies (liquidise)
- 2 medium onions ( liquidise)
- 450g / llb fresh tomatoes ( liquidise)
- 1 kg / 21b dry smoked fish
- 3 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 oz iru (locust bean)
- 200ml / 7/7 oz palm-oil
- 2ltr / 4pts stock
- 225g / 8oz ground Crayfish
- salt to taste
- To skin beans: Soak beans for 20 minutes.
- Rub and squeeze together with both hands to peel the skin off the beans.
- Continue rubbing and rinsing until all the skin is removed. Boil the skinned beans for 35 minutes until soft and almost cooked.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and more stock.
- Simmer for another 20minutes, see that the beans has turned into a smooth paste and that the ingredients are well blended into it.
- Season to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.