- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup raisins
- Melt butter over moderate heat in a heavy, medium-size pot.
- Add rice, and stir until each grain is well coated.
- Then add cinnamon, salt and turmeric plus 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 20 – 30 minutes until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in the raisins and heat for another minute or so before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.