My grandmother's gentleman friend used to cook this for me quite often and I really loved it! The sweetness of the cabbage is wonderful. This is also a low cost vegetarian meal. Grill or broil a meat for a balanced supper.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 medium potatoes, like Yukon gold
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- salt and pepper
- Dice entire cabbage and Onion and add to pan with butter.
- Cook over medium heat until the cabbage is wilted.
- This will take some time.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut potatoes into bite size pieces and boil in a pot of water till soft.
- Also, cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Drain the potatoes and the noodles and combine both with the cabbage mixture in a large bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.