- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, cold
- ¼ cup ice water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup muenster cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- Place flour, salt, cream of tartar and butter in food processor.
- Whirl until texture of coarse meal.
- Add water.
- Whirl just until combined and mixture begins to mass together.
- Place on plastic wrap, flatten to a disk, and wrap airtight.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 30 days.
- Roll dough on floured surface to ⅛" thickness.
- Cut out 24 circles with 3" round cookie cutter, rerolling scraps; or trace around 3" water glass.
- Pleat edges of circles and fit in bottom of muffin tins.
- Beat egg in bowl.
- Add meunster, cheddar, Parmesan, parsley, chives and mint.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons filling in each pastry shell; spread level (can be prepared up to 3 hours ahead and refrigerated).
- Bake in preheated hot oven (425°F) for 12 – 15 minutes or until the filling is golden brown and the pastry begins to color.
- Remove from tins; cook on rack.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.