- 1 cup uncooked rotini pasta or other spiral shaped pasta (3 to 4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage (12 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cook cabbage in oil 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in brown sugar, vinegar and caraway seed.
- Cover and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- Stir pasta into cabbage mixture; heat until hot.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.