This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Brown Estate in Garland, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 unpeeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices bacon diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Cook potatoes in salted boiling water about 15 minutes until barely tender.
- Drain, peel and slice about ¼ inch thick.
- Preheat broiler.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl beat eggs just until blended.
- Mix in sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- In medium skillet sauté bacon over medium heat until crisp then transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings and sauté onion and potatoes until glazed.
- Pour eggs over the potato mixture and sprinkle with bacon.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until eggs are set shaking pan to prevent them from sticking.
- Place under broiler to heat through.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and chives.
- Slide onto a warm platter and cut into wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.