Contributed by Pressurecookerrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 – 10 servings
- 4 – 5 lbs chuck roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup dry red wine or beef stock
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies
- Trim excess fat from roast and pat dry with paper towel.
- Rub with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place oil in pressure cooker and brown the roast on all sides using the brown function or using an old-fashioned cooker without the lid.
- When roast is browned, place the chopped vegetables and gingersnaps around the meat and pour the vinegar mixture over all.
- Cover cooker, raise pressure to high and cook for 80 minutes.
- Release pressure using natural pressure release (just let the pressure cooker cool down) - about 30 minutes.
- When the pressure drops, remove the cover, remove the meat to a platter and cover with foil.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Pour sauce and cooked vegetables into a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve with the sliced beef.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.