Cream of chestnut soup
- ¾ lb chestnuts
- 1 parsnips, peeled chopped -fine
- 2 carrots, peeled chopped -fine
- 1 celery knob, peeled chopped -fine
- ½ lb veal, ¼" cubes
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- Cook the chestnuts shell them and puree them.
- Brown the chopped vegetables with the meat in butter and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add 5 cups water, salt, pepper and cook the soup over low heat until vegetables and meat are done.
- Mix pureed chestnuts into cooked soup and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Mix heavy cream with egg yolks whip into the soup.
- Adjust salt serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.