- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cans white beans
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch salt
- cayenne pepper
- 2-3 cups white rice, cooked
- In skillet, add oil, Onion, garlic.
- Cook on med heat, stirring often.
- When Onion is lightly browned, add tomato Paste.
- Stirring constantly until the Paste has'separated' and is a deep burgundy/brown color.
- Be careful not to let burn!
- Takes about 10–15 minutes.
- Stir in Bean'juice'.
- Then, add the beans, salt and 1cup of the water.
- Let simmer about 10min.
- Stir occasionally.
- When mixture begins to thicken, stir in cayenne pepper, to taste and continue to simmer till you get a velvety sauce
- Use remaining water to adjust consistency to your liking.
- Serve over white rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.