- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup almonds, sliced or chopped
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, baking bar chopped. (I have used unsweetened baking chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Lightly grease and flour large baking sheet (I sprayed with PAM)
- In a small bowl, stir the eggs,instant coffee and vanilla until well blended and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg mixture.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating well after addition.
- Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape the dough into 2 logs, each 14" long, 1½" wide, and 1" thick.
- Place the logs on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Set the baking sheet on a wire rack to cool 10 minutes.
- Remove the logs to cutting board (I usually just cut them on the cookie sheet) cut with serrated knife, cut diagonally into ½ inch thick slices.
- Place slices ½ inch apart upright (not on sides).
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly dry.
- Remove to rack to cool. I leave mine on cookie sheets, let cool. Then drizzle with melted chocolate (I melt chocolate in microwave) the chocolate is just my addition so good with a cup of coffee.
- Store biscotti in air tight container.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.