Description[edit | edit source]
Cheese strudel pie
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 packet filo dough
- 500 gr low-fat cottage cheese
- 500 gr full-fat cottage cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ a cup of oil (sunflower, or other light-tasting oil)
- 1 cup milk
- ½ a cup of buttermilk
- 20 g butter
- 1 tbsp milk
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Combine two types of cottage cheese in large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add salt, oil, milk, and buttermilk, and beat until well combined.
- Place one layer of pastry in the bottom of a deep pan.
- Dip almost all of the remaining pieces of pastry into the batter and then place them at random in the pan.
- Reserve about three undipped pieces for the top, as well as several tablespoons of batter.
- Cover the top of the mixture with the remaining pastry layers.
- Cut up the butter into small pieces and place on the pastry.
- Spoon the remaining batter and the additional tablespoon of milk over the top.
- Cook for about 40 minutes, until nicely browned on top.
- Invert onto a plate.
- Serve warm.
- This dish is often accompanied by a glass of buttermilk or beer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.